Fires investigated in West Jackson

PrintFriendlyEmailFacebookGoogle ReaderGoogle BookmarksStumbleUponShare

The dryer may have been the cause of Friday afternoon’s fire at a Chardonnay Trace home.

The West Jackson Fire Department responded to a Chardonnay Trace structure fire Friday afternoon at approximately 2:15 p.m. in the West Jackson Fire District.

North Jackson Fire Department, Jackson County Correctional Institute responded to assist and Jackson County EMS Med 3 provided EMS support for this incident.

Upon arrival, E-1 found a single-story structure, approximately 50 percent involved. All residents were out of the home. A male occupant was transported by Med 3 to Northeast Georgia Medical Center for lacerations caused while exiting the structure prior to the arrival of firefighters.

West Jackson firefighters and North Jackson firefighters extinguished the fire and JCCI crew performed overhaul. Fire was contained to hallway, front and back bedrooms on right side of house and attic space above those areas. Smoke and heat damage occurred through the rest of the structure. The home was checked for further extension using traditional techniques and Thermal Imaging Cameras.

Georgia fire marshal’s office investigator, Brian Smith, investigated fire origin. He stated that he could not rule out the clothes dryer as the source of the fire. He stated that he believed the probable area of origin was near the dryer.

A cooking fire was cited as the cause of Sunday afternoon’s blaze at a Buck Trail home.

The West Jackson Fire Department responded to a Sunday afternoon structure fire at approximately 2:30 p.m. in the West Jackson Fire District.

A single-story residence on Buck Trail had smoke showing from the roof and front door when firefighters arrived.

All residents were out of the home. Entry was made into the house and smoke was found throughout the residence and fire was located in the kitchen. The blaze was a cooking fire, reported the family.

Crews from Engine 1 extinguished the fire and checked for extension and pulled sheetrock. The home suffered major damage to the kitchen and had smoke damage throughout the home.

Firefighters were able to retrieve family pets for the homeowner.

Jackson Trail Volunteer Fire Department and Jackson County Correctional Institute responded to assist and Jackson County EMS Med 3 provided EMS support.

There were no injuries.